Law firms and corporate legal departments increasingly look to Legal Process Outsourcing (LPO) to reduce costs and speed delivery of legal services.
Services provided via LPO include:
- Legal research and writing, including multi-jurisdictional surveys
- Contract review, drafting, and management
- IP-related work, such as trademark filing and patent abstracting
- Document coding and review for litigation, due diligence, and corporate compliance
Over 100 vendors offer LPO services, with the bulk of services provided by about a dozen companies. Most of these vendors are based in India or the Philippines. Several companies have multi-shore operations, including on-shore facilities in the US and UK.
We offer consulting services both for LPO providers and for buyers of LPO services.
For LPO providers, we can:
- improve marketing efforts
- provide training in substantive legal topics, project management, and client communications
- design hiring tests
For LPO clients (and potential clients) we can:
- analyze current processes to determine what types of work should be outsourced
- evaluate vendors
- draft statements of work, including quality criteria
For both providers and clients, we can:
- resolve communications problems
- solve production and quality problems